Thursday, May 22, 2014

Birthday Bane

Time flies. You especially realize that when anniversaries or birthdays come up. Again. And then again. Just a blink of the eye really. Anyway, at least you get presents to help you feel better about time running faster and faster… 
My girlfriend, awesome as she is, dug deep and got me something I didn't expect at all. Now it would seem that it is pretty obvious for me to get records as presents, but since it is so obvious, I didn't really think that I'd get any. If that makes any sense. As I said, my girlfriend dug deep and came up with a test pressing of Bane's Rome, 12.58am 7" released on Hurry Up records. Obviously I'm a big Bane fan, but that city 7" series never got me really excited. I think the concept is great, but the music doesn't do much for me. There are some ok songs on the records, but overall these songs are probably my least favourite Bane material. Doesn't mean I don't collect the records though. I know, great logic here, but logic and record collecting seldom go together. But I'm digressing here. 
I love Bane, I love records and I love surprises, so this was pretty much the perfect gift for me. But I love my girlfriend even more for being the awesome person she is. 




As with every order with Hurry Up records, they threw something in for free, which is always great and I'm always thankful if a label does that. However, this is probably the third copy of the Locked In 7" I got. This time I got a red copy at least. Makes me wonder how many of these were pressed. It also makes me feel bad for the band a little bit since apparently no one buys the record and they're just thrown in as bonus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment