Friday, September 26, 2014

Our Inner Wastelands

Today's post features a rather unknown band, I guess. Zerre from the middle of southern Germany play dark and brooding hardcore, as you might have guessed from the cover and the name of the LP. Don't be fooled by the first song on this record, this is just kind of an intro. I like everything about this release, despite the fact that I'm usually a rather positive person. We all have our dark moments and this is the perfect record for this occasion. Music, lyrics, artwork, layout, vinyl colours - it's all done beautifully. I love the red one with black swirls. Looks so sick. Apes Of Nikko is my favourite song so far. Rob Darken Must Die is also really good, but I liked the demo version better since it didn't have that slayerersque solo at the end. I can't stand Slayer or metal in general for that matter. 

Most importantly though, there are some really nice people in this band. Help some good dudes out and give their record a listen. Preferably after buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment