Monday, August 15, 2016

Indecision Splits

One of the cool things about collecting records is trading and thus getting to know people from all over the world. I'm not sure if people not involved in 'the scene' get the concept of trading in this day and age. Specifically people working at the customs office come to mind. "What do you mean you don't have an invoice? Someone just sent you these?" are statements I've heard all too often. I really like being able to trust people I've never met. It somehow restores my faith in humanity to some degree. Of course it sucks if someone rips you off, but so far I've been lucky for the most part in that respect.
One of the great people I've met through trading is Paulo from Singapore. He is an avid collector himself and also runs a distro, called Dangerous Goods. There aren't any record stores close to where I live, so a few months ago I hit him up to see if he could help me out with a few Record Store Day releases I was looking for.
Indecision released a 2xLP with the split releases they have done so far. I have had only some of those splits, so it was a cool addition for me. The reason why I mainly wanted this release though is that there's a previously unreleased Bane song on it. Technically, it's just a cover, but I still wanted to have it on vinyl.


1 comment: