Wednesday, August 3, 2016

No End In Sight

Apologies in advance, because this post is going to be a little bit longer. The ever productive Spirits are keeping me on my toes collecting-wise, so despite taking sort of a break from collecting, I felt compelled to keep up with this band. And what do you know, they released more records with another gazillion variants these last few months. And I still love it. For this release they teamed up with Zero One Eight, a straight edge band from Naples, Italy.  The cover is part of a four records series that laid out tell the story of an animal rights activist freeing the ape. I don't have any of the other records of this series, but I might buy these at some point. For once I lucked out, because Goodwill Records is now located in Germany, so I could save a lot on shipping. And I lucked out even more with managing to acquire all the variants there are.


The first variant is on this dirty purple, which looks awesome in person. There are 106 copies of this colour. This is #24. The numbering is kind of interesting with this record. You'll see in a minute.




Next up is black vinyl out of 114. It's numbered '#182', which seemed a little weird at first. Here's what the label did. Rather than numbering all the different colours separately, the label numbered all the purple ones, then the black ones and then the yellow ones consecutively. Similar to what First Strike did for Chain Of Strength's What Holds Us Apart. So you get 400 copies in total for this first press. The numbers for each colour still seem weird if you ask me.



Last one of the regular first press is this copy on yellow vinyl. 180 copies, and it's numbered '#383'.



I also managed to snag a test press for this split. I love it when labels put in an effort and make the test presses special.



I love it even more when labels put in even more effort to make mispresses more special. While at it, I managed to get a hold of the two mispress variants of this release. The clear vinyl shows some very faint purple-ish streaks. Goodwill made a special sleeve for this one as well. The inspiration for this one was the Code Of Honor / Sick Pleasure split. #9/9.


The picture doesn't really show it, but this is yellow is rather a 'dirty yellow'. Again, the label came up with something special and made a Faith/Void rip-off sleeve. #11/12. The nice people at Goodwill really went out of their way with this release. Great job all around.


1 comment:

  1. I checked the other three covers - and it is a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete