Thursday, September 15, 2016

Rvivr

I didn't see a lot of bands at Fluff Fest to be honest, but the ones I did see I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm not the biggest fan of festivals, i.e. ones that are as a big as Fluff or bigger, which has mainly to do that there's usually a giant main stage somewhere (There are many more reasons, but this is pretty high on the list). No matter how much I like a band it's ten times harder for them to make me enjoy the show. Give me a small club with a low stage any day over one of those big rock stages.
Rvivr, whom I'd wanted to check out forever, were one of the few bands I watched completely - despite them playing on the main stage. The set they played was incredibly good and I don't think I've ever enjoyed a band playing such a huge stage as much as I did here. The music, the lyrics, the audience and the weather were a perfect match to make this one of the highlights of the festival for me. My wife was equally stoked by Rvivr's performance and she was the one who stormed off to the merch area to pick up everything vinyl the band had with them. So here's the first installment of a few records that I'm going to post about in the next few days. S.t. LP on generic black vinyl.



No comments:

Post a Comment