Monday, October 10, 2016

G.L.O.S.S.

Just when I finally managed to buy a copy of G.L.O.S.S.' demo 7" and started listening to that band, I learned that they decided to break up. Just my luck. On the plus side, this demo is really, really good. I feel like the hype that has surrounded this band is more than justified. I don't know if this is a mark of high quality, but they were mentioned by Rolling Stone Magazine as one of 10 Great Modern Punk Bands. And Epitaph Records supposedly offered them a $50,000 record deal, which the band turned down. More power to them.
G.L.O.S.S. played great hardcore punk and they actually had something to say. Outcast Stomp is such a rad song. It's great to see a band that focused on queer, transgender and feminist issues get so much positive attention. It's really too bad that the band decided to call it quits so quick, but I can understand that getting (too) big as a band can also take its toll on the members.
I definitely need the other 7". This is the European press on black on Sabotage Records.


No comments:

Post a Comment