Monday, November 7, 2016

Record Collectors Unite

When I was visiting Marcus, he treated me to some records he'd released on his own label The Endless Quest. Hope Defeated are/were (I'm not 100% sure if they're still active) a band from Canada. Now, you might ask yourself, why does some dude from the UK release a rather - at least to my knowledge - unknown band from Canada? The answer is quite simple really: because the singer and the guy running the label knew each other through collecting records and blogging about it. Doug  hasn't been active for some time, but his blog We Will Bury You is still worth checking out. If you want to know more about the story, you should pick up a copy of this 7" and read all about it.
I really like the story behind this release. It's always cool to see how shared interests can bring people together no matter where they're from. The story isn't the only thing I thoroughly enjoyed here. The record itself is pretty good as well. Thanks again for hooking me up with an instant collection, Marucs.


Black vinyl out of 150.



White vinyl out of 100.



And finally, a very cool Chain Of Strength rip-off sleeve out of 60 aka the Blog Nerds Pressing. You can also see a flyer that tells the story of Marcus' label and how this 7" came about.

2 comments:

  1. I also have these... Great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. red and white mixed copies also exist if I remember correctly

    ReplyDelete