Thursday, December 8, 2016

Integrity Blues

A few weeks ago my wife and I went to see Jimmy Eat World. I'd never seen them live before and it was one of the best shows I've seen in years. The band played all the hits from the early albums plus a bunch of new songs. Great set. A few weeks prior to the show I'd ordered Jimmy Eat World's latest LP Integrity Blues. It's the first Jimmy Eat World LP I seeked out since Futures. I'd been out of step with Jimmy Eat World for quite some time. I still listened to the songs I liked from way back when on a semi-regular basis, but somehow I never felt the urge to check out their new material. With the show coming closer and closer this changed, however. Integrity Blues is a little quieter than the early albums, but the songs on this record are really good. I've been spinning the LP quite a lot lately and it might end up quite highly on my 2016 list.


No comments:

Post a Comment