Tuesday, January 10, 2017

In My Eyes

2017 is off to a good start. Technically I got this record two days before this year began, but I'll count this one and a few others I'll post about these next few days as 2017 pick ups. A good friend of mine told me a few weeks ago that he was thinning out his collection and since he knows pretty well what I'm into and what records I'm after, he sent me a few pictures. Of course I found a bunch of records and we quickly settled on a deal. Since there was a show coming up that both of us wanted to go to, I told him to simply bring the records along, so I didn't run the risk of the records getting lost in the mail. I wasn't really worried about the condition of the records, because he's a friend and I like to think I can trust the people I surround myself with. Anyway, the day of the show came and during one of the opening bands my buddy and I found ourselves sitting outside the venue in a freezing cold car in the dim light of a streetlight sealing the deal. Not sure what the cops would have said if they had knocked on the window while he was holding a bunch of records and I was holding a wad of cash, haha.
This is one of the records I've always wanted to have. I would have been satisfied with picking up a 3rd press for now, but getting my hands on a 2nd press for a really good price wasn't an opportunity to be passed up. There's a little bit of ringwear, but considering the age of the record, both sleeve and record are in fantastic shape. Comes with the original insert in pristine condition as well.
The only thing I'm worried about now is that I've raised the bar pretty high for collecting this year and the year is only 10 days old. Then again, what is life without challenges?




2 comments:

  1. Awesome find, still remember finding my first copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great score! The ringwear isn't THAT bad. Aside from that, it looks to be in good condition. Well done!

    ReplyDelete