Sunday, January 8, 2017

Zwischen den Runden

Happy belated new year, everyone! Holidays mean travel time and seeing family and friends, so things have been a little slow at the beginning of 2017.

Before travelling, I finally found some time to check out this new local record store that I had found about a few weeks ago. The city I live close to is pretty small, so a brick and mortar record store opening there is pretty exciting. I didn't have any high hopes to find anything good there, because punk and hardcore are such small niches in the broad spectrum of music, but I was pleasantly surprised when I went through the shelves in the store. The selection of indie, punk and hardcore records was definitely better than I had expected.  As far as hardcore is concerned the records were mainly represses of classics, but that's not half bad. Maybe it's something to build on. I bought two records, which were two more than I had anticipated. The first pick up is the latest record of my favourite German indie band. It was already released four years ago, but I never managed to grab a copy. It's just as well though, because now I snagged the deluxe edition. LP, bonus 7", lots of extra goodies, all of which come in a beautiful box. Sadly, this LP isn't as good as the previous ones. Or maybe I just have to give it some more time and it'll grow on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment