Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Unrest

Those who follow my blog will know by know that Spirits is by far my favourite current band. Great music, great lyrics, all around great people. As a collector I hate and love them. I hate (well, not really of course) them because they've put out so much music in such a short time and there are always a million variants. But of course I'm the only one to blame because no one forces me to buy all of those variants. However, it's always easier to project your shortcomings onto others, right?
Love prevails though. I love them because they put so much effort into their releases. Layered covers, origami style covers, hand stamped covers, you name it, they do it. This is another prime example of them going all out with the packaging. The sleeve is basically a picture frame and get four different options as to what the frame shows, depending on how you fold the lyric sheet.

This is by far my favourite hardcore release this year, which probably isn't that much of a surprise, but I just wanted to state it for the record. Osu is such an incredible song. I especially love what Charles did on guitars here. The lyrics are spot on, too, and are much needed - at least for me - in these dark political times.

I have a tour press coming my way, but I still need a test press. I'd contacted the label but I didn't manage to score one. Which is all the more sad (for me) because two friends I had told about the label being open to taking offers on tests got one while I struck out. As glad as I am for them, I'm still bummed. I even had one at my house and then had to mail it to a buddy who I'd teamed up with for the order. Oh well. The hunt is the fun part anyway.


Pre-order edition, which not only looks like a picture frame, but you can actually stand it up like a real picture frame. Check out the close up below. The dust sleeve is stamped, but not numbered.



Close up. #47/65. Additional stamp, too.



Clear and gold splatter out of 100 copies via State Of Mind. Love the look of this record.



200 copies come on silver vinyl. It's not just gray vinyl, it has an actual silver sparkle to it. Also on State Of Mind Records.



The European release of this LP was handled by Useless Pride. 200 copies on purple vinyl.



Last but not least, the standard press on black vinyl out of 400 copies. Also released by Useless Pride.

 


1 comment:

  1. Great looking release... although that kid with the blond hair kinda freaks me out. I'd definitely not have that picture for the cover if I had one of these.
    Still sorry to hear about your lack of test press. Hopefully one will come to you in time...

    ReplyDelete