Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Pink G.I.

The last pick up from the Battery show in Leipzig is this pink copy of Government Issue's G.I.'s First Demo. A buddy of my mine is in the process of weeding out his collection and he told me (and a few other friends) that he was bringing one or two boxes of LPs and 7"s with him to the show. So a bunch of my friends and myself were huddling around the trunk of a car flipping through records, in the middle of the night and in 5° Celsius weather. Hardcore kids / record nerds are truly a special kind of people... He had a bunch of records and some rare items I was interested in, but I was watching a very special record on eBay at the time and had to hold my funds together. Anyway, I did pick up one record because it's by a great band, it's on my favourite vinyl colour and it came at a very reasonable price. G.I.'s first demo was pressed way after the fact, namely in 2004, and there have been a few pressings since then. This pink copy out of 100 is part of the 2nd press.


No comments:

Post a Comment