Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The First 9 Years

Being a history teacher, I'm a sucker for books on bands, people and labels involved with the hardcore scene. As far as I'm concerned, there should be much more books on labels and their (hi)story. When Bridge 9 announced that the long awaited chronicle of its first nine years of existence was finally going to be released, I couldn't wait for it to come. Bridge 9 was huge for me in the 90s and some of my all-time releases came out on this label.
Bridge 9 has been running for 22 years by now, so this release is a little bit behind its schedule, but whatever. You can tell that a lot of effort has gone into this project. You get so much information on bands, releases and the label itself. You also get a ton of pictures that take you down memory lane. The late 90s and early 2000s, those were the days for me. I'm already looking forward to The Second Nine Years and The Third Nine Years books.


View of the open box with the contents on display. I really like the handwritten 'Thank You' card. Very nice touch.


Vinyl on display with a  glimpse of the book. Just beautiful. 400 copies on grey vinyl.


2 comments:

  1. I'm really not interested in "Best Of" compilations, but this looks to be packaged so well, that I'm considering buying this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's really a Best Of compilation in the traditional sense. Not a big fan of those either. For me the songs are more a reflection of this period. And the vinyl goes really nicely with the book, which is the centre piece in my opinion.

      Delete