Thursday, March 8, 2018

Around The World

I've said it before and I'll say it again over and over: ...But Alive were one of the best punk bands from Germany ever. I love the music, I love the lyrics and I love how they maintained the same style of artwork for most of their releases. Despite their decidedly left wing politics and anti-capitalist stance, their records sell for quite some money. Seems like the message is just lost on some people. It took me forever to find a reasonably priced copy. I finally found one from a seller in Japan. What I didn't realize at the time was that this LP was released on two labels: on ...But Alive's own label ...But Alive Records, but also on Propagandhi's G7 Welcome Committee Records. I only realized that when I wanted to read the lyric sheet, because they are printed in English. Kind of a bummer, because I'd like to get a copy with the (correct) German lyric sheet as well. To sum up: I bought a record from a German band which was released on a Canadian label and comes with a lyric sheet in English from a seller in Japan. Punk really brings the world together.


No comments:

Post a Comment